Saturday, September 17, 2011

week 2 progress instructor critique (fa620)



Bao said (in audio critique and I transcribed): 
Hi, looked through the whole your compositions. I think this is a really good foundation and the directions you go for them. I looked at pictures. I can see you have a couple layers and over and over and to make your developing your composition. Just like you mentioned, sometimes you don’t like the effect. I think this is really normal for everybody. So during the process always sometimes mistakes, sometimes accidents, sometimes it looks terrible. But if you are developing and fixing, if this is your learning. I think it make the artwork become more dynamic, more subtlety, it’s richer. So right now I think it’s right direction you can go ahead and go for that. So right now I have some suggestions for your paintings. This is kind of an example you can apply to the other paintings as well. For example, I mark here letter A and letter B. For the letter A, this kind of line I think is a really good effect. I really like the sensitive overlapping and also some kind of lying[lining?] effect.  Letter B, that kind of lines I think are little bit too tight and not so much sensitive. I mark here. You can see it.  Like the letter A, some of them you have transparent and the overlap, some of them you can make the variety to over, over, over again and use a different temperature of the colors. And also from the letter A, I can see you are in not so much control and have to exactly make the line for that image there. But for letter B, in that part I think a little bit too strong for the lines and just a cover top of the other layers and you are making the other layers really careful and want to keep the lines. But compared, the letter A feels much more sensitive. Much more uncontrolled emotion goes through your brush. So therefore I would like you to go this way to developing your artwork. I’m sure if you go that way your artwork build up the much more sensitive and subtlety. And also the artwork feel much more interesting and transparent. Anyway, so you can go ahead and continue to work on your artwork. And also I really like your color foundation you did. So, right now you control the color. It is really good. There is a harmony and a unity, and really sensitive use of value and temperature for each other. Also it’s a really nice use of negative and positive shape to help out each other build up the structure of the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds6: grizzad schizzool - the final chapter © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates