Monday, September 19, 2011

sketching - from Vogue, around town, and thoughts

I finally got around to shooting all the drawings I did this summer and so far this semester. I think they are important because it shows how much improvement I made working with Mark, and that I didn't just stop when the class ended. I think I finally got to what he was trying to get me to. I've always been one to incubate important stuff and then one day, BAM! I get it...

The first batch here are  all drawn from Vogue magazine. Some of these particularly express what I think Mark was trying to get out of me but I wasn't getting to. The fact that I never got there I think is why he gave me a B. That was the first time I got B and felt totally cool with it. I had worked my tail off for him, and totally grew and got better, but I hadn't gotten here yet. I felt on the edge of something the whole semester, and the night I drew these ones in blue ink I was like, "Oh that's it."




















The rest are from all around. I posted the events when I did them, but these are scattered all over town and all summer long. 

Figuring for painting window at work




 I did 3 more of these but someone bought them right out of the book. Just walked up as i was working and gave me cash money! Gotta love that. 



The taps at Xtra's. I love this one. I've been straying away from color in my drawing lately but this limited use works. 

waiting for lunch at Cafe Gutenberg. 

 centerpiece at Mez
 ditto




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds6: grizzad schizzool - the final chapter © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates