Tuesday, November 22, 2011

week 11 progress

Ok so where I am is winding this project down. I think after this week I'm  going to put this work on thhe back burner until after my final review because I have to send in my book at the end of the week so i can't make any changes to it so it will frustrate me if i make some kind of breakthrough with something without being able to edit when I've sent off. So next week I'll start onto something new, probably small. maybe similar but maybe more figurative.

So with writing my thesis, I've been going back through all the work i did since midpoint. And i was reminded of the earliest paintings of this series (which were buried and I dug them out to reshoot in the same light as all the newer ones. And there was one component that I really missed and that was the thick paint with figures scratched in to reveal under layers. I've gotten so into the additive lately and different opacities and how they work woven in and out of each other that I got distracted from the subtractive methods. In the meantime I've gotten a lot better at looking and drawing, but i also didn't want it to look to controlled as that is against the spirit of the whole thing. I used a professional model, Anya Lynn Gart. She came to my studio. She wants to get naked and do some crazy poses for me so maybe that will be the next series. But it didn't belong here.
Without further adieu.
details

48"x48". acrylic, papers, candle smoke, and charcoal on board. 2011.
This one is almost done. The pink circle in the corner of the face detailneed another layer but aside from that I think this thing is done?

I also just realized last week i posted an old version of #10 so here's the current and i think close to finished version. 

40"x40" papers and acrylic on board. 2011.

details:



I'm having some photography issues as I'm working with the camera i bought when mine broke to use while mine's in the shop. The two are completely different in how they look, white balance temp. It's maddening! I think this new cheepo is going to be my going out camera because it seems like it would work for snaphots but not anything where the subtle nuances of color matter....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds6: grizzad schizzool - the final chapter © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates