Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last call! Final presentation and last post in this blog.

Pitched at Midpoint Review on March 16, 2010:

[For Final Review] I will present 15 acrylic and mixed media artworks at least 30”x40”. Visually these images will connect through texture and semi-abstract imagery derived from life.

Using line, layering, and sensitive color worlds, I will explore the space between figurative and abstraction, pushing myself to find new work, and also to find new connections between myself and my forebears in varyingly abstract expressive painting.

Final 15 paintings:
 
32"x48".acrylic and plastic netting on wood. 2010
details: 
32"x48". acrylic and styroprint on wood. 2010 
details: 
32"x48. acrylic, styro-print, and styro-block on wood. 2010
details: 


 
32"x48". acrylic on wood. 2010 
details:  

 

 45"x48". acrylic and latex on wood. 2010.
details:


40"x48". acrylic and fabric on wood. 2011
details:




 40"x48". acrylic, colored pencils, and styroprint on wood. 2011.


details:


40"x48". acrylic and fabric on wood. 2011.
details:

 
48"x48". acrylic and papers on wood. 2011.
deails:


40"x48". acrylic, ink, paper, and fabric on wood. 2011.
details:



 40"x48". acrylic on wood. 2011.
details:





 40"x48". acrylic, papers, and fabric on wood. 2011.
details:




 40"x48". acrylic, papers, fabric, and styroprint on wood. 2011.

details:



56"x48". acrylic, papers, found vinyl, staples, styro blocks, tacks, etching inks, oil pastels, soft pastels, oils sticks on wood. 2011.
details:


 48"x48". acrylic, paper, candle smoke, and charcoal on board. 2011.
details:

I just did my final review. I sweat like a beast. Now my fate is in their hands. 
Carolyn had very specific feedback about the certain paintings. Craig loved them. For the most part I agreed. 

Of course there are a million things I didn't say. I even made a whole separate outline that I never looked at because it was to hard to switch back and forth. Next time, print notes. 

The thing about it is, I could do 20 different presentations to 20 different audiences off this material. And I could do 20 other presentations on 20 other topics that I'm interested in and dabbling about with. 

I was so sweaty and nervous, but when it comes down to it, I'm just not that worried. I honestly think I could be teaching most of the kids in my program right now. The exceptions know who they are... 

I'm going to persue my interests the way I do no matter who says what. I'm glad I didn't say that in the presentation, but I hope they know it deep down. I hope they could tell I was confident even though I was nervous. 
I played dress-up. I even wore stockings and lipstick. It's entertaining because my statement says I physically dress like a painter to make paintings. Apparently I dress like Lucille Ball to present my art to a committee. Oh me. 

I see it this way. If don't pass I'll just take all the early art history classes and write a course while I work so I'm more prepared to teach it. (Otherwise I'll be doing it on my own this spring.) If I don't pass I don't have to job hunt and I get another student loan check. So, it's not the worse plan B, especially when plan A isn't even a plan yet and has no income so far. It would be more terrifying if I'd ever known what the next thing was. I wrote vehemently when I was 15 that I wasn't ever going to have a set plan, and so far I was right. I do it in little ways with my art and big ways with my life. It's pretty scary, sometimes I have to cry about it, but I can't really imagine it being any other way. 

I'm going home to finish my sculptures from last winter. (Thanks Deb, Sylvia-for the class, Cindy for transporting, firing, and shipping, and Mom for everything before and after those other things, in helping these things along.)

I'm gonna work on a card series for FG. 

And Drink 'n' Draw Giant Edition tonight!!! fb meetup 

 I'll be moving my blog over to twirlyskirts.net/news.  Until then, kiddies. I bid you farewell. 

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds6: grizzad schizzool - the final chapter © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates